#JOBYAmbassadors NAS Daily is an engaging content creator on Facebook. With his 5+ million followers, he highlights tons of amazing locations and people throughout the world. We sponsored his second boot camp in Morocco, where he flew a small group of content creators from around the world, to show them how he creates his videos. Check out the videos and make sure to follow him on Facebook.
Morocco For Free?!!
Two months ago, I proposed the idea of bringing YOU, the person watching, to come travel with me and learn how to make videos like mine....for Facebook and not Youtube! 🙂 Because everybody deserves to tell their story, even if you can't afford to. I was lucky enough to get thousands of applicants, and even more lucky to get thousands of dollars to pay for 5 people to come and travel with me for a week! All expenses covered. All the way from Mongolia, New Zealand, Poland, India, and Syria.... we've brought 5 amazing people thanks to the help of Royal Air Maroc airlines and Joby the camera accessories company! Trust me, I can't afford it. And this is the best form of sponsorship: one that HELPS YOU, the viewer, and not just ME. And these two companies are rockstars for taking a chance on this! LIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram! Music: Gatekeepers by PremiumBeatPosted by Nas Daily on Sunday, February 11, 2018
i hated my name
As a kid, I struggled with my real name and I wanted to legally change it. But now that I'm old, I think it would have been a bad idea.It's nice to be at a place where my name makes sense. And father, thank you for being so creative with the name you chose for me 🙂 It was the worst thing, now it is the best thing :)Thank you so much to Royal Air Maroc and Joby for helping me in bringing the Nas Daily Bootcamp participants to Morocco! We're loving it so far! LIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram!Music: Full River of Reflections by PremiumBeatPosted by Nas Daily on Monday, February 12, 2018
The Most Royal Food!
I almost NEVER make videos about food, but this one is an exception. Here is why. ---Special thanks to Riad Braya for hosting us in Fez, where this video was shot. You guys are awesome! Thank you Royal Air Maroc and Joby for helping me bring 5 other video creators to travel with me and make these videos! You can get their info from the comment belowLIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram! Music: I hold on from Epidemic SoundPosted by Nas Daily on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
He Never Went to School!
I love Ahmed Gharib!!! The best stories are the ones you're least likely to expect. ---This video was shot and edited with the help of the second Nas Daily Bootcamp, where I'm bringing 5 of YOU to travel and make videos with me...all expenses paid! This wouldn't be possible without the help of Royal Air Maroc who flew us here and Joby who both made it possible financially - thank you! LIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram! Music: I See you from the clouds by Premium BeatPosted by Nas Daily on Thursday, February 15, 2018
The Most Beautiful Country!
As we wrap our time in Morocco heading to Japan....both Dear Alyne and I concluded that Morocco is the most consistently beautiful country we've been to! It's all in the details.Thanks for having us guys! Off to Japan! (that's why the next 2 videos will be in different timezones. 9 AM Tokyo time is the new upload time!) Thank you so much to Royal Air Maroc and Joby for sponsoring the Nas Daily Bootcamp 2 in Morocco! Without you, this entire trip would be impossible. LIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram! Music: Beautiful Indie by Bjorn SkogsbergPosted by Nas Daily on Sunday, February 18, 2018
COME TRAVEL FOR FREE!
I want to take you to Senegal with me for a week. Making videos for Facebook is a lonely process. Not many people make videos, and not many people make videos for Facebook.That's why I want to help you make better Facebook videos (this is not sponsored by Facebook) for a full week in a new country like Senegal. This is not fun. This is hard work, stress, lots of fights, but really worth it. APPLICATION PROCESS:Show me that you are a good fit (or tag friends)!This is for video makers, and people interested in storytelling and video production. That's why your application should include your best videos, or a link to your channel.Deadline for applications in March 1, 2018 and the Nas Daily Facebook Video Camp will be held in SENEGAL from March 21-27.Chosen applicants will be e-mailed by March 3. Please send your application to NasDailyBootcamp@gmail.com by March 1. Special thanks to Royal Air Maroc and Joby for sponsoring the second Bootcamp in Morocco. Sponsorships like these are the ones that excite me the most - ones where the viewer benefit, not just the creator. P.SI'm not rich and I certainly don't have $15k to spend on the third bootcamp, that's why if you're a company, this is a good opportunity for you (E-mail me!)) LIKE Nas Daily on Facebook and Instagram!Music: Fade by Alan Walker P.P.S Why Facebook not Youtube?It is my belief that the best place right now to get your voice heard is Facebook, not Youtube. It's where your message can reach millions of people no matter who you are. But I'm not here to promote Facebook. I'm here because I genuinely believe Facebook is the best (and only) option for our purpose of storytelling. And if it worked for me, it can work for you.Posted by Nas Daily on Sunday, February 18, 2018
Are you always in a situation where you need to take a great photo or video of yourself? #JOBYAmbassadors Gunnarolla, the king of selfies :), helps you walk through the new line of GorillaPods, to see which one is right for you.
See the new lineup here: https://joby.com/gorillapod-tripods?mode=grid
#JOBYAmbassadors Cailin O’Neil shares with you her top four tips on getting the best Instagram Stories and snaps for Snapchat, with the help of her GorillaPod.
As a global travel blogger for the past eight and a half years, my GorillaPod has always been an essential travel tool. I’ve used it to hold my cameras, iPhones and now, with the new Action tripod, my GoPro. With my GorillaPod, I’ve captured some pretty awesome pictures, videos and, of course, LOTS of Snapchats and Instagram Stories. I wanted to share some of my best tips with you. Here they are:
- Bring It With You Everywhere
This might seem like a silly tip, but no matter where you go, always have your GorillaPod with you. They are light and don’t take up much space. Due to its diverse shape-shifting abilities, I can even attach it to a small purse to bring with me on the go. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left it in my hotel room only to find the perfect use for it later on when I didn’t have it. So, ALWAYS bring it with you. It is also ideal to bring into places that don’t allow tripods, such as museums and churches because it doesn’t look like your traditional tripod.
- Think Outside The Box
Anyone can record and publish Snapchat and Instagram Stories, but they may not automatically be great at it. Having a GorillaPod can help personalize Snapchat and Instagram Stories and help you stand out from the crowd with more unique content. One advantage is being able to move beyond the “talking head” shot to capture interesting angles thanks to the GorillaPod’s flexible body. Additionally, the GorillaPod allows users to go hands-free, capturing more authentic emotion and personality with a JOBY Impulse. The hands-free capability also provides for a steady, smooth shot.
- Capture Time-lapse Videos
For all the reasons a GorillaPod is perfect for still shots and regular videos, it also allows you to capture the passage of time. You can either use the time-lapse option on your phone, use the fast-forward option on Snapchat or use my favorite app, Hyperlapse .
With Hyperlapse you can capture time-lapse walking shots by moving the phone, for example, as you walk through a busy market. Not only does Hyperlapse have great built-in stabilization but holding onto your GorillaPod instead of directly holding onto your phone with your elbows up and away from your body increases stabilization for smooth-moving time-lapses.
- Use It For Close-ups
Admittedly, I am one of those people that likes to photograph / Snapchat / Instagram my food if it looks extra tasty. I don’t, however, want to be that person standing on a chair over a table with their camera making a scene in a restaurant. With my GorillaPod, I can capture close-up shots and videos of my food without facing social scrutiny. Whether it is a time-lapse shot of nachos being devoured or other hands-free close-up shots, you might be surprised at what you can achieve with a GorillaPod.
Aloha from the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii, where every day feels like a vacation! Depending on where you live, though, summer holidays are in FULL swing. With a month and a half left until Fall, some of you still have vacations to look forward to. If you’re like me, you’ll want to remember every epic moment. And if you’re like me and 99% of other smartphone users, you’ll use your phone to capture those moments. Why? It’s just so convenient! You know what they say…the best camera is the one you have with you! Using your smartphone as your camera allows you to reduce the amount you have to carry and pack – in addition to having it ready for those Instagram-worthy shots at a moment’s notice.
As a professional photographer, I’ve spent a lot of time shooting photos and video not just from my Nikon professional cameras, but also from my iPhone 7 plus. I’ve gotten SO good at it that one of my images was featured in the “Shot on iPhone 6” campaign! Since I’m both a local in Hawaii and a phone photography evangelist, I wanted to share a few tips with JOBY fans to help take your vacation smartphone photos to a new level. Here we go!
- Shoot video horizontally! There are a few things that people don’t tend to think about when capturing video footage, but they really should! No one watches vertical television, so shoot sideways with your phone! TVs aren’t vertical, so video shouldn’t be either.
- Stabilize your images or video. Nothing is more frustrating (or nauseating) than shaky video or blurry photos, so I highly recommend getting some tools to help you stabilize your shots. I use the JOBY GorillaPod Focus with BallHead X most of the time. This bendable tripod can be used with heftier cameras, but is also great for phones when you pair it with the GripTight Mount PRO Phone. A tripod like this has limitless possibilities, meaning you can get exactly the angle you want, stabilizing your video to give it a more professional look and feel. Need something smaller? Try the GripTight POV Kit for easy handheld videos, the Bluetooth remote even helps you get better selfies!
- Consider your angles. Looking for the perfect shot? Consider which angle you are using. While unique angles can make for great shots, some just don’t work. If you’re shooting with a visible horizon, you’ll want to make certain that it’s always level in your background. Something else you may want to try is using scenery to frame your shot. Try to frame your photo with some interesting detail, like a palm tree framing the right end of a beach shot. These little details can transform a shot from blah to beautiful. I am a BIG fan of extreme perspectives … see how low you can go and get ground level … or get creative and use a selfie stick and your remote to get your phone as high as humanly possible to see what you come up with!
- Edit. Once you have that amazing surfing footage, you may think you’re done, but trust me when I say that a little editing can go a long way. There are some great free and paid tools out there that are well worth the time and effort. If you’re looking to make waves for yourself with a travel vlog – editing is essential. My go-to tool for editing is VideoGrade, which isn’t free, but is well worth the money for simple color grading of videos. Splice is another great easy app that works well for trimming and editing down your video, in addition to adding musical soundtracks. For still shots, Snapseed is one of my go-to apps, it’s very reliable, powerful and. Even just cropping or adding a filter through the built-in tools in many applications (like Instagram or Facebook) can turn an ordinary image into something extraordinary. The more you hone this skill, the better your video and images will be.
- Be respectful. Travel photography should be a sustainable practice that doesn’t compromise the environment or subjects you are shooting. Make certain you are respecting the culture and the rules of any place that you are visiting, in addition to other travelers. Don’t get too close to wild animals and by all means – don’t touch them! When I take people out to photograph turtles in Hawaii, the most important thing I do is show them how to do this the right way, without impacting these beautiful ancient Hawaiian creatures or their habitats. No shot is worth endangering or harassing the subject in any way whatsoever. If you want your shakas and aloha to actually mean something in both your images and your heart, please have sincere respect for our land and the amazing creatures that inhabit Hawaii.
Smartphones are incredible in that they make photography more accessible to people who have never picked up a standalone camera. Now that you have this amazing tool at your fingertips, I hope you are able to capture all of life’s best moments, whether on vacation or at home. These are just a few suggestions, and I know many of you out there are also highly skilled, so feel free to add your best smartphone photography tips below.
Aloha and mahalo.
JOBY Ambassador, Valentina Dang shares three helpful vlog tips on how to use GorillaPods to make your videos more watchable.
No one wants to continue watching a shaky video. The GorillaPod acts like a buffer to dampen your arm movements for a smoother video.
#2 Use Your Environment
Give some context to where you are vlogging from. You’re telling a story and you need a setting. Make sure the viewers can see where you are and not just an up close selfie.
Having multiple angles in your video will help make it more entertaining. Using multiple GorillaPods setup around your shot location will go a long way to creating a better overall final video.